This is the perfect soup to make on a cold rainy day. It’s my adaptation of Panera’s vegetable pesto soup. Besides being delicious and healthy, it’s also low in Smart Points and will keep you full for a long time.
Pesto Vegetable Soup- yields eight servings
1 -28 ounce can diced tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 cup tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 cup green beans
1 green zucchini
1 yellow zucchini
1 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup onion
1 red bell pepper
1 bag baby spinach
2 tablespoons pesto
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon celtic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Additional pesto for topping soup.
1. Dice the onion, red bell pepper, green and yellow zucchini, garlic, and cauliflower, into very small pieces.
2. Heat olive oil in large soup pot.
3. Add the diced onions, red bell pepper, green and yellow zucchini, cauliflower and garlic to the pot. Cook for 8 minutes over medium flame
4. Meanwhile, dice the string beans and tomatoes into small pieces.
4. Add the broth, water, can of tomatoes and remaining vegetables into the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the pesto and stir.
5. Cook soup for 45 minutes on a low flame stirring occasionally.
6. For serving, dollop each bowl with 1 teaspoon of pesto. Enjoy!
Approx 4 WW Points per serving